SURRENDER EXISTS TO RAISE UP CHRISTIANS TO LIVE THE RADICAL CALL OF JESUS AND FOLLOW HIM TO THE LEAST, THE LAST AND THE LOST.
SURRENDER’s primary purpose is to motivate emerging generations across the wider church to move from interest to action by becoming personally involved in expressions of Christ’s call to the least, the last and the lost.
Additionally, SURRENDER affirms, encourages and inspires those already committed to incarnational mission and justice and recognizes their crucial role in raising up the next generation.
At the core of SURRENDER is the relationship with and involvement of the Indigenous Australian people of this land.
VALUES - THE ‘WHY’:
- SURRENDER Australia values a deep expression of Christ centered discipleship that has a strong biblical basis, moving people to live in the Kingdom story as they hear and understand the good news.
- SURRENDER Australia values those on the margins, and recognizes Jesus’ call to the least and the lost as central to the coming of His upside down kingdom in our world.
- SURRENDER Australia values encouraging a faith and life of incarnational mission, seeing people walk alongside their neighbors in a personal and relational way. We seek to provide pathways to action both locally and globally that are accessible to individuals and church communities.
- SURRENDER Australia values authenticity, and the expression of a deep and raw honesty as people share their stories.
- SURRENDER values innovation and creativity, and always seeks to be relevant as it is faithful to being a prophetic voice to the wider church and society.
- SURRENDER Australia values inclusivity, hospitality, and diversity as it recognizes that true community is built as people are invited into reconciled relationships.
SURRENDER Annual Conference
The SURRENDER conference is unique in Australia as the largest gathering of its kind, focusing on social justice, radical discipleship and incarnational mission. The conference is hosted by a number of missional communities and organisations working amongst the poor, and run in relationship with Indigenous Australians. The Conference runs for three days with more than 1,200 people attending and consists of main sessions, Bible studies, workshops, music, conversations and great food.
SURRENDER Truth LABS
SURRENDER Truth Labs are one-off nights where young adults can research and discover what it means to follow Jesus in a hurting world. Truth Labs are about discovering an alternative to living for yourself, about making a real and lasting difference in a world desperate for good news!
SURRENDER Outposts are a new event format that create space and support for partner communities and organizations in other states (outside Victoria) to share the message of SURRENDER.
SURRENDER Partner Gatherings
SURRENDER brings together over 50 organisations who partner together in raising up the next generation of Christians to live the radical call of Jesus amongst the margins. The SURRENDER Partner gatherings are an opportunity to meet together, network and share in the vision of SURRENDER.
The Neighbourhood Collective
The Neighbourhood Collective is a shared space for individuals and groups who are seeking to be faithfully present in their neighbourhoods, committing to love and walk alongside their neighbours. Be encouraged and equipped as you find and learn from others on the map, and support the movement by sharing your own story. Connect your neighbourhood in!
Your group could be a bunch of friends, a missional community, or a local church expression. It could even just be yourself and this space could enable you to connect with others in your local area in a way that enables you to work together for the good of your place.