The Good News of the Kingdom: Confrontation of Injustice - A Kingdom Approach to Transforming Communities with Noel Castellanos
Confrontation of Injustice
Amos 5:24 (Let Justice Roll Down)
24 But let justice roll on like a river,righteousness like a never-failing stream!
18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free, 19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour.”
- Confrontation of Injustice is Kingdom ministry
- Any person, institution or system that degrades the image of God of an individual, regardless of race, class, or gender must be confronted
- Oppression reveals that systems, like individuals are fallen and are capable of sinful behaviour and injustice
- Justice without Incarnation can lead to 'chasing issues'
- Incarnation moves us to confront the injustices that our neighbours & neighbourhoods are experiencing
- Advocacy that leads to policy and systemic change; locally, nationally & globally is necessary for Shalom to be experienced
- Jesus confronted religious & political systems
Components of CCD:
- Relocation (ReNeighboring)
- Redistribution (ReInvestment)