“I am the Way, the Truth and the Life…Wide is the road to destruction, but narrow is the Way to life.” We are called to follow the Way, but what does it mean for us to live a full and flourishing discipleship? As one body with many different parts how can we fit together to fully embody mission, justice, community, and prayer in our local communities and global world?
Main sessions, Bible studies, workshops and conversations on:
- Living to see things made right in our world and our neighbourhoods
- Moving out into our communities and seeing the upside down Kingdom emerge
- Forming deep, healthy and transformational communities
- Biblical reflections on justice and discipleship
- Inviting your church on the missional journey
- Rhythms of Contemplative Spirituality and Prayer
- Discovering what it means to be loving and just global neighbours
- Using art and beauty to stir up change and experience healing
- Gender and our journey towards wholeness and discipleship
- Understanding and engaging with and across cultures
- Exploring what it means to bring redemptive love to economic practises and systems
At SURRENDER:17 we’ll explore the Way of Jesus and what it looks like to walk the Way together with our brothers and sisters, and invite others to join in the journey.
The Compassionate Way
We see Jesus helping those on the margins and teaching on the importance of caring for our neighbour.
The Incarnational Way
We see Jesus giving sacred significance to daily life in place.
The Contemplative Way
We see Jesus having a prayer-filled life, and we listen to his teaching on the life of intimacy with God.
The Spirit-empowered Way
We see Jesus ministering powerfully and moving in tune with God’s Spirit.
The Holy Way
We see Jesus acting with integrity and we listen to his teaching on the importance of a pure heart.
The Word-centred Way
We see Jesus proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and we listen to him reading from the scriptures.